Friday, March 9, 2012

Just a Quote

I haven't posted in so long my own blog wouldn't let me in without a new password. And I'm so blocked creatively that I have to just repeat something I didn't write. Actually, I'm not blocked creatively. I've written about a dozen songs in my mind lately. And a score of marginally clever blog posts also in my mind. It's the writing them down that I am blocked from doing. So this is a rant about God. What a shock. But I didn't write it. I quote Daniel Dennett. Here we go:

"Why do people care so much what other people believe about God? I believe that the center of the Earth consists mainly of molten iron and nickel. Relative to other things I believe, this is a pretty big and exciting fact. Just imagine: there's a ball of molten iron and nickel nearby; it's about the size of the moon and a lot closer; in fact, it's between me and Australia! Lots of people don't know this, and too bad for them-- since it's quite a delightful fact. But it really doesn't bother me that they don't share my belief, or my delight. Why should it matter so much whether others share your belief in God?"

LLITTY :::::+:::::

No comments:

Post a Comment