Saturday, May 16, 2020

Shed Some Light

Hey folks.  I hope you are all staying safe and healthy.  If you can't I am praying for you. Almost every morning I awake with troubles on my mind.  My fault.  My mind.  The troubles are outside of    me.  And should not be able to make me afraid or sad or anxious.  I'm workin' on that.  Now that the US "economy"  is "opening up"  I may be against the grain a bit.  My wife and I have been staying home.  Even before the pandemic I was staying at home mostly.  Just being asocial because I could.         "Hey Lloyd,  why do you have long hair?   "Because I can".    Hey Lloyd,  you own an airplane,     wouldn't you just like to take a nice ride in it?     "Not particularly".   " Hey Lloyd,   Aren't you dying to go to fly ins and car shows and auctions?"   "No.  I'm busy not dying."                                      Our state is still in a form of lock down stay home.  But Lowes has been open the whole time.  Home Depot too.  The fixer up sweat equity industry is thriving.   We have a little shed/stable in our back yard.  Also a 30X40 barn/shop.  In a 65mph gust a few weeks ago, half of the shingles blew off the little sheds roof with the tar paper still holding them together.  It's a little Amish built shed that had a warranty.  So my wife calls the dealership in Harrington who sold us the shed and sent pictures of the wind event.  The dealer called the Amish manufacture and two days later these 2 Amish guys from Lancaster, PA.  show up.  They have a compressor/ generator,  shingle bundles, a small dumpster,  air hammers, etc.  They were there 90 minutes with a perfect match on the shingles and loaded up the old shingles.  My wife gathered up all the cash we could muster and went out to send the guys off north.  She asked what we owed them,  they said nothing at all per warranty.  They smiled when she gave them a little roll of bills and said at least we'll get your dinner.  Maybe we should get the Amish folks in Lancaster to handle our federal supply chain for the pandemic!                                                                                                                                                                                         Talk to you soon.      LLITTY                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment