Monday, June 1, 2020

Shenandoah

Hello readers.  May you be happy in the face of these troubled times.  While still being respectful of lives lost or ruined.  And still thankful to be kicking and sometimes smiling.  I decided not long ago that I am insane now.  I don't think I can accept any responsibility.  They say I'm not old.  That 70 is the new 60.  I am mentally and physically and emotionally worn out.  I'm not complaining.  Some part of me is happier than I have ever been before.  I'm plenty thankful every single day.  Usually I'm depressed when I wake up in the early morning.  I think of sad fears for the world.  Of hardships and potential troubles. As the day goes on it's likely I will get better.  I have a simple life and a wonderful wife and son...  so no excuse to be worried.  Might be that all of us should be worried!  Today I woke worrying about a stupid errand I needed to run.  A first world problem of no consequence.  I could not get back to sleep because I was obsessed with getting the errand over and done with.  I was insane.  So I got up tired in a bad mood.  I started getting ready to go into the outside world.  Wallet, keys,
shoes on, sunglasses,  mask! , etc.  Wife is talking to me about plants that have grown ,  a racoon that is hanging out sometimes,  some deer nearby, squirrels, butterflies, etc.  It is in fact a beautiful late spring day...couldn't be better.  I can't or don't see it.  I'm still thinking about my stupid errand.  Have to take back to Lowes a tree pot that wound up in a curbside order from two days ago.  Wife had not ordered the pot...it was filled with small things...plant food, spray cans etc. which were part of our order. So when I took that load home two days ago in my truck hauling a 200 lb. cabinet kit I just put the pot and it's contents into the truck.  Apparently I had "stolen" the tree pot!  Really?  Lowes doesn't know about this.  But wife and I do.  The irony is while I am trying to do the right thing somehow, they are looting stores and burning them all over our country.  So I get the pot into my little white car and wife makes me some coffee and I'm still dismal.  I take my coffee and my Atkins drink and one of my favorite CD's homemade by wife and start up north to Dover.  You may have read my post a month or so ago about Rt. 13.  So now I'm driving north having some coffee and I have to admit that the weather is nice and I so love my little car.  I've got Bobby Darin playing and I start seeing the scenery.  All the big fields to the east on my side of the road have beautiful stands of tiny corn plants that go literally for miles in straight rows.  Little old cottages from older days.  Little mom and pop  car lots with like 8 cars.  Some guy's purple mid sixties GTO.  Modern subdivisions with matching ranchers fill the landscape then disappear.  A huge JD dualie  with folded disk rig taking up the whole highway.  My mood is shifting and this is more like it.  Mid shores on the Delmarva.  Then one of my favorite songs comes on.  It's "Somewhere Tonite"  Paulette Carlson.  I'm bouncing in my seat and singing in the now.  When I get to Lowes I pull into the curbside pickup.  I see an employee.  A young fellow walking by.  I holler "Hey" and he comes over.  I jump out and put on my mask quick.  Pull the tree pot out of the trunk and give it to him and try to explain what happened.  He says you will have to talk to the service desk for a return.  I say I can't return what I never bought.  I said just put it back on the shelf and all will be well and I know you can't take a tip,  but please, and I held out a five and he took it.   Now back south on thirteen and the song "Shenandoah"  I'm smiling and singing and a first world problem is solved.  This post is about nothing.  But I feel good again.  I didn't think I ever would.         LLITTY            :::::+:::::

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Keep'em coming! And the positivity too! 💜

    ReplyDelete