Tuesday, December 28, 2021

It's Still Christmas

Hello readers.  I'm still here.  I think. It's Dec. 28 and the 4th day of Xmas  The fourth day represents the four gospels of the New Testament.   So it is still Xmas until Jan. 6, Twelfth night So:  "Merry Christmas!"  I'm not religious as you folks know.  But I was raised as a Christian and I am a cultural Christian.  I love Christmas.  I push back a bit on parts of Xmas in many earlier posts. I stand by all the things I said then.   But due to the anxiety, anhedonia, and depression, that about a third of America feels,  I am trying to cherry pick some wisdom and joy that comes from my inner child and my imagination.  The twelve days of Christmas.  So goofy a song that you can't get it out of your mind!  So iconic that when somebody is telling you a long list of anything:  you can reply back sarcastically "And a partridge in a pear tree!"   This season I had remembered that the two turtle doves represented the old and new testament.  Three French hens are faith, hope and charity.  You can look this up.  Eight maids a milking.   I used to grab the new testament and just open to a page when I was worried or challenged or blue and 9 times out of ten there was an answer there for me.  And to this day I get bible inspiration  if I need it from Ecclesiastes Chapter 3  King James.       Eight maids a milking are represented by the 8 Beatitudes.  (Yes, there are twelve) .Christ's Sermans talk about us people.        In the times we are living  everybody needs to read and think about what Christ is saying when he describes us.  We have lost our way.  The way back is love, kindness, virtue  C'mon people we can do so much better.  Evolve to end starvation and homelessness.  Live for the planet and all humanity before the Tribe!  Nothing wrong with the tribe,  it's just 3000 years too far back in our reptile brains to be useful.   Hate is strong and mocks the song of "Peace on Earth Good Will to Men"   Thank you readers.     LLITTY    :::::+:::::                                                                                                                        

1 comment: