Saturday, June 17, 2023

I'm not Coming out

My memory,  short term anyway,  has been going away with my hair and lot's of other things.  I search       for my reading glasses and find them on my nose.  My grocery list is missing the one thing I needed to buy.  I go to the bathroom every few minutes it seems.  I have forgotten what this post is supposed to be about.  It doesn't matter because my posts are just geezer rambles anyway.  My son told me a dad joke:       "There is a restaurant on the moon.  The food is great but the atmosphere is lousy"                                          I lie in bed a lot to rest and think and try to plan my next geezer activity.  I get tired and rest after jobs like tying my shoes,  walking around the house.     This morning while thinking I had an epiphany.              You know the expression  "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"   It's a true and nice thing.  It made me think.   Wait:   Everything is in the brain of the experiencer.  Thats all life is.  It's just millions of human brains working.  Maybe nothing material actually even exists.   I think I'm special and unique (just like everybody else!).  Things that have been troubling for me for  the last eight years, like politics, and the last 40 years like religion have seemed to be  back burnered a bit when I push back.  I don't have to push back directly to my lost friends.  And the politics is much the same as religion.  The respect of truth is important and critical to this line of thinking.  I'm doing fine closing myself off from mostly all my sociogram and this epiphany is telling me all I have to do is push back in my mind.  Why not?  Thats where the trouble is.  I'm an atheist and have been for over 50 years.  Way back in the day I used to argue with friends about religion.  God, I was immature and insecure!  ( Oops I said God).  Now if the topic comes up in my tangled mind I just remember that no one ,  not Billy Grahm ,  not Al Sharpton,  not any TV evangelist,  not Bart Ehrman and I can just smile because on some level they know that no one knows what happens to you when you die. Their castle is straw.  Sorry my brothers....  it's horsehockey.   Now to this last eight years of dystopia which has been hard on my irregular heart.  But my heart actually broke when I realized that half of us are aching and starving for an authoritarian to rise as a dictator.  I am so disappointed in my fellow man .   Just because you are unhappy you want to blow up the separation of powers and take away help to the homeless,  starving, sick, needy ,   refuged, amnesty seeking,  uneducated etc.  and burn books?  Stop the peacefull transition of power and worship a king?  So I'm disappointed and tired from the 8 years.  Starting now I'm not going to fret over it.  I have to tone down politics and religion because my heart can not take it.  Physically or mentally.  Years ago I created a religion of my own.  I pray very hard every day.  I pray for the underdogs.  I pray for lives lost to serial murderers.  Innocent lives.  The loved ones who now will suffer in pain and sorrow for the rest of their lives.   I refuse to carry this insane violent  behavior around on my shoulders.  I can't stop it but I can ignore it just like everyone else is doing.  It's in our brains.  I'm done with everyone in the outside world. Like during the pandemic, I'm sorry but I don't have time to try to figure out who is virtuous among my fellow man.  Over the years I guess I will come out slowly in the world if it exists.   If you are yearning for an autocracy and want to tear down America, you are in with a big powerful group.  If you want a dictatorship I would caution you with an old sage advice.  Be careful what you wish for.                           LLITTY         :::::+:::::

No comments:

Post a Comment