Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Cult Non Fiction

I was watching some talk news show on TV last night and it must have been a re-run. It was all about a scandal in Washington DC. It was the "C Street" house scandal. I thought it was new news and I even told my wife about it. She, like me, had not heard of it before. Being curious about it I Googled it up and it is an old and ongoing story. Many of the articles were from June of last year which is when the story apparently "peaked". The re-run I saw was on a network whose name I will not mention. But their initials are MSNBC. You probably know all about this already so I won't give you all the details. The story is about this building on C Street in the Capital Hill neighborhood next to the Capital. It is owned by a wing nut religious organization. It's a really posh place and a great location. And they rent rooms to Congressman. Each room has a bath like a little suite. And there are 12 rooms. Some of the Congressmen who live there have had councilling there about marital trouble and some have brought their mistresses there for sex. The building's owners have recently lost their tax exempt status which they were enjoying as a "church". The story is not in the news now and apparently never was much of a big story. But I just love the story so much. It catches the hypocrites in both the church and in the congress! I am so going to learn about this. There's a book out about it (of course). I've got some reading up to do. The building is owned by a fundamental Christian group called the "Family", which dates back to 1935 and the Congressmen who live there are conservatives who are in, or sympathize with, this cult. Their agenda is to slowly and secretly gain power to turn the U.S. into a Christian theocracy. Gosh. Talk about LloydLou having something to take notice of! How the heck did I miss this? These folks are so evil and so powerful. I'm scared and at the same time excited. A new book for my reading list!

No comments:

Post a Comment