Saturday, July 24, 2010

Geezer Ride

This last Tuesday our farm was visited by six BMW motorcycles and six geezer cool guys. One of the beamers was a Yamaha. Another beamer had a sidecar. These guys had come from various places on the Western Shore. They congregated at the Double T Diner in Annapolis and had breakfast before crossing the bridge. We knew they were coming and son, and wife, and I, all kept a weather eye out for them and we saw the bikes pull in the driveway. Their leader, Doug is an old family friend I have known almost 50 years. But I had never met the other fellows or so I thought. It turns out I did know Mark who had the sidecar. It was one of those times that sociograms cross. Mark is a musician, a pro. And I knew him from my music friends and even have a bit of him on video on my you- tube channel. But I didn't know he was into "air head" motorcycles. Anyway the guys hung out an hour or two and checked out the place and all were invited to the fly-in on Aug 14th. I wanted to ride a few miles with them as they left. I had a lot of trouble starting my little antique Suzuki, but got it going. Two of the biker geezers had already taken off for the western shore, as they had meetings with Doctors, Lawyers, Real Estate Agents, and pills to take and ailments to salve. The other four weren't too crazy about me going along. They had me lead the way and stayed far enough back that they could keep an eye on me, and always claim they didn't know me, and weren't with me. Somehow my little Suzi 425 kept running and made it to Preston, where I pulled off into the Shore Stop, and those big quiet, smooth, expensive, beautiful touring bikes blazed on by with double clicks on their horns to say goodbye. I watched them until they were out of sight. The Suzi made it back the 4 miles home. And I was back in my little isolated world again. For a few minutes I was riding with the big boys, and maybe I can check something off the bucket list. Thanks Doug and all you guys. That is one hell of an Ad Hoc, pick up, we just wanna have fun, tribe. I made five new friends. LLITTY......................::::+::::

1 comment:

  1. Lou You sure looked good as leader of the pack! Thanks for showing us a great time!! Hope we all get back next month!!!!

    DOUG

    ReplyDelete