Saturday, January 22, 2011

it's the caffeine talking, part 115

I wrote and posted a nice big geezer rant about religion. A few hours later, I pulled it down and deleted it. It was so severe. My brother explained to me that that kind of talk/thinking is not societally sustainable. I want people to like me, and I don't want to offend anyone. So it's maybe not a good idea to bash peoples beliefs. I would like to convert a hateful rant into innocent questions. There are many things I just can't understand. Why don't I just tell you what my questions are? 1. Why is it that some people consider the legends in the bible to be real historical accounts? 2. The "rapture" and the end of the world is a big scary scenario. Why do the ones who are "saved" feel happy about this, when the majority of the poor wretched souls will have a tortured fate? Being happy, in the face of that, even though you are safe, would that be sadistic? 3. Christ was born of the Virgin Mary. She is therefore a God. Father, Son, Mother. Why do they call Christianity a monotheism? 4. The Christian religion has lots of sects. And a huge divide between Catholic and Protestant. Before converting the non believers of the world, why doesn't it agree first on what it's own beliefs are? 5. Are Mormons Christian? 6. The Bible is pretty hard on women. Why would women want to be involved in the faith? OK that's enough for now. Enough questions. One more thing before I get off religion. Some say we are in the "end times".. Some say the world will end Dec. 23, 2012 two years from now. Based on the Mayan calendar. But the present day Mayans don't believe that at all. One of the most devout and renowned bible answer men in the world, Harold Camping, predicts the the world will end on May 21, of this year! 4 months from now. Just Google that date! I can't wait. LLITTY :::::+:::::

No comments:

Post a Comment