Saturday, January 22, 2011

top ten mini rants

With religion ranted out for the time being, I expect I shall move along to "things I don't understand" in general. Let me list ten for starters. 1. My wife got a "Kindle" the other day. You read books with it. You can read books with a laptop. Reading books is an "app" on a smart phone isn't it. My question isn't "Why do we need Kindles?" It is "Why doesn't the Kindle have a camera?" 2. My computer screen shows the time of day in the lower corner. Why doesn't it show the date? 3. Modern chemistry has come so far. Why is my oral medication for Diabetes 50 year old technology? 4. French fries taste great. But why are they the standard side dish. Do they taste better than all the others? 5. If you look at the label of any laundry detergent such as "All" or "Cheer" you will find it difficult to tell what the product is. To find out that it is in fact soap, you must look below the brand name and find in very tiny and faint script, the word "detergent" as if it is a secret. Why is this? 6. In the home bathroom, "guest towels" are used for guests. They are usually very nice and put out for the guests to dry their hands on. The guests apparently "share" the use of these towels. Aren't you glad we don't have "guest" toilet paper? 7. Windmills have been around for centuries. Satellite dishes on the roof for decades. Small generators in cars for decades. Why can't I go to Lowe's and buy a windmill for my house, for say a couple hundred bucks and put it up on my roof myself, and plug it into my wall? 8. During the seventies and eighties Japanese cars took over and almost wiped Detroit out. We were told to buy American. Why didn't GM just buy a Toyota Corolla and take it apart piece by piece and copy it exactly and build that car as their own? 9. NASA is going to fly this one last "Space Shuttle" mission. Then we should be saving money and lives by going unmanned. And moving to a newer and better series of space vehicles. Why not take Atlantis to the museum now and put the money toward newer and better stuff? 10. Most restaurants don't serve their breakfast menu all day. Or their lunch menu. They deny their faithful customers something that they could prepare for them. Why would this be good business?
OK that's ten of say a thousand.....remember I'm pullin' for ya. Keep your stick on the ice. LLITTY :::::":::::

No comments:

Post a Comment