Sunday, June 5, 2011

Do I Talk to Myself?

I have to admit. I'm not doing as well as I'd like concerning gracefully aging. In my last post I talked about ego and letting it go. We all seek "validation" constantly. We talk about our successes. Our kids. Our talents. If we don't have talents we brag about our close friends and family that do. We want to belong yes. But we also want a time to shine and be recognized. We want 15 minutes of fame. If we get that, we want it again. I bet you have a friend or two that can not shut up about themselves. You could try to tell them that you just ran a marathon and got a promotion at work. Before you could get out the first two words they would be telling you how great they are and never allow you to talk at all. We sort of feel sorry for these egomaniacs. We are embarrassed for them. I am one of them. I'm not overt enough to be embarrassing. But in my busy talking mind, I want validation. OK here's my questions for the 62 year old me:

Can I just let myself be quietly happy?

Is it OK if I do something fun or good and no one knows about it?

Can others shine and succeed (that are way younger than I, of course) and I enjoy that?

Must I really accomplish anything anymore ?

Do I have to think about whether someone likes me?

Does anyone care what I wear?

Will I be able to just "be" some of the time without the image of "me" talking to me constantly?

When will I put up my next UTube vid and will you like me, love me, look at me, me, me, pay attention to me?

LloydLou you think too much. Better try to get some mowing done. . . . LLITTY :::::+:::::

No comments:

Post a Comment