Monday, November 14, 2011

To the West Shore Again?

After "The Chunk" I started to hide out again. After all, I'd been to a place with lots of people. So I should be good for a while. But I wound up going to Fredrock Saturday to a hangar party where I could sing a bit at an "open mike". That always gets me out of my cave. Can it be about me?
And it looks like tomorrow I'm going to a pickin party out towards Fredrock again. I am going to be on the Western Shore anyway, as I am driving wife to the airport for a flight. I like to drive her and drop her off so she doesn't have to fool with parking or vans or anything. And of course I will pick her up and chauffeur her when she comes home, and take her to dinner. This is what we call in the airline industry "Princess Parking".

So it seems I'm out of my shell. Today I actually worked around the place. Perhaps Punkin Chunkin and folksinging energize me. I got my International tractor started. It required oil, gear oil, grease, hydraulic fluid, anti-freeze, charging, airing up, a change of implements, a battery hold down, fueling, stabilizer for the fuel. I actually bush hogged an overgrown pasture and got it done. And got the tractor put away and on charge.

After that, I had enough energy to visit with wife. She went to bed and here I am writing to you. I must have had too much caffeine today. I actually did more than one thing. So after I chauffeur wife and attend the pickin party, I expect I'll crawl back under that insulating rock crutch I have and not come out until Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment