Saturday, June 11, 2022

I Come and Stand at Every Door

 Hi friends...    

In an earlier post I talked about having too many things to pray about and feel so sad about.                         And how Dylan had decided a big storm of thunder and lightning could seem to be as church                       bells tolling for the underdog and forsaken .  There's just too much trauma and terror every day.                  The recent killings of children hit me very hard.  I have a heart condition and I'm always trying to               tamp down.  I wound up in the ER last week with a surprise spiky arrythmia.  So I guess my heart               is twice broken now.   I can't wrap my head around the cruelty .  I've stopped asking "why?"  "why?"         There are lots of poems about peace and protest.  This is the one we all need to hear right now.                                                                                                                                                                                              ' I come and stand at every door.  Though none can hear my silent tread.  I knock and yet remain unseen       For I am dead  For I am dead.   I'm only seven although I died in Hiroshima long ago..I'm seven now as I was then... when children die      They do not grow.

My hair was scorched by swirling flame    my eyes grew dim my eyes grew blind    Death came and turned my bones to dust    and that was scattered by the wind.

I need no fruit I need no rice.  I need no sweets nor even bread.  I ask for nothing for myself.                    For I am dead.  For I am dead.     All I ask is that for peace,  you fight today you fight today                    So that the children of this world may live and grow and run and play.                                                 

                                  LloydLou ITTY             :::::+:::::


No comments:

Post a Comment