Sunday, June 12, 2022

The Binary Irony of Cell Phones......A Geezers Lament

 Hey folks.........   it's a Sunday and my wife is at a dog show.  I'm at home relaxing with a dog and cat and 2 barn cats and a slew of hummingbirds   I want to write a post about cell phones and the ironies of it all for me.  I've had heart trouble Afib for 18 years.  But in the last 3 months or so my heart condition has gotten worse.  I'm wearing an 8 day ekg monitor as I type.  And I have an echo sonogram coming up.  I spent 10 hours in the ER at Nanticoke to get my pulse rate under control.  My goal in life right now is to stay calm. And stay alive.  What has heart trouble to do with cell phones?  As I sat down here a few minutes ago and thought about relating my story my heart rate was going crazy.  It's because the cell phone topic causes me anxiety.  It turns out I don't really want to talk about cell phones.   So I will change my format here and just make random statements and some of you readers may identify with me, probably not,  I'm solo on this rant!        

Verizon started the problems for me out of the clear blue

They said they can no longer support my old flip phone

I had just put a brand new battery in my old flip phone and it was working great

I had no choice but to get a new phone.

So I got an Android Galaxy Samsung  Verizon AO3s smart phone.

It had GPS and Music and of course a thousand other things...Apps   Apps Apps

The Verizon Store would help me switch the number over from flip to smart

It's very difficult to even make that appointment.  Long story too long for now

I had the phone 3 months and it was frustrating me.  Long story  too long for now

I ordered a new flip phone that they would support.......Long story

Dealt with Verizon a lot more  Long story

Wait Mr. Lloyd:  you want to upgrade back down to a flip?  Are you sure?  BIG long story!

My heart is acting up thru all of this....Long story  Big long story

Finally get my new little flip phone   and keep the Android aside without a number

I still after 3 weeks or so have trouble learning the new flip,  but not frustration

My heart is fluttering just thinking about this

The Android makes me anxious and sad

The TCL Flip makes me happy and not worried about cell phones

I had a bag phone called a "car phone"  in 1995 and cell phones from then on

100% of my sociogram thinks I am a stupid ass for getting the flip.  They are right!

Readers,  the longest day approaches ..  it's windy and warm today and sunny and I'm glad the ER fixed me so I can see and feel these things.  Instead of day by day I'm takin' life hour by hour.  Nature is real,

life is in the mind.        Peace                LLITTY        :::::+:::::


  


  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment