Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Creation vs Evolution

Creation vs Evolution. I don't believe in either one. And they are apples and oranges. No rational man could believe in either one. Evolution has little to do with "creating" something. If something evolves, then it's already been created. "Creation" is a story in Genesis. It's two pages in the bible. That's it. That's the body of knowledge that Creationists have to work with. "Creation" is not something to be chosen as opposed to something else like Evolution. The creation story is either believed, or it's not believed. So there's not much to discuss after that. The theory of evolution is updating as we speak. Darwin is a founder, a contributor, a namesake. Evolution is just one small part of biology along with Genetics. Genetics. Genesis. Biology is just one small part of Biological Science which is part of science in general, etc. There's a strategy that Creationists use that has always surprised me. The strategy is to debunk Darwin. Most of Darwin isn't opinion or postulation. It's research he did on a boat someplace working very hard. So one could only debunk parts of Darwin's work, not all. And modern science admits Darwin's flaws. But modern science is well past Darwin. Let's say Darwin is completely debunked. What could the Creationists get out of that? No one would start believing in Creation all of a sudden. I don't believe in the creation story. The reason I don't believe in the Creation story is because I believe it is a myth. It's not because I have another better or truer story of how the "world" began. I don't know how the world began. Oddly, that doesn't bother me. I also don't know what will happen to me after I die. That doesn't bother me either. That doesn't mean I don't cling to life like the rest of you, my fellow survivors. I want to grow older. When I stop growing older, I die. LLITTY :::::+:::::

No comments:

Post a Comment