Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Glow Ball warming

I'm kind of confused about the "Global Warming" controversy. I know some of the reasons why it's confusing me. I'd like to find for my own satisfaction why there is a controversy about it. The disagreements over global warming keep reminding me of the the long unsettled controversy of "Evolution vs Creation". The dialog is vaguely and strangely familiar. I think the "Creation" folks would side with the " global warming is a false theory" folks. I think the "evolution" folks want to team up with the "global warming is now and dangerous" folks. "Creation" believers think it's wrong to study the planet and the cosmos too much. They don't think man should meddle into God's beautiful creation. They don't believe man could affect the planet. They believe the planet is about 6000 years old and that the dinosaurs are either a fake, or lived concurrently with man ala "Flintstones". The "Evolution" people think man evolved from lower primates and all life evolved from a Hydrogen primordial soup. They think that man with his "greenhouse gasses" is destroying the planet. As I write this and you read this we all agree that this is a generalization full of presumptions. But stick with me here. I'm not so sure how I want to make my point. I'm going to try to make it in one sentence. Here goes: The conflicts in both of these arguments arise out of beliefs, not out of knowledge or facts. That's it. LloydLou ITTY :::::+:::::

No comments:

Post a Comment